Tuesday, March 27, 2007

They're Back!

I blogged about them last March, and here they are again: a family of five flamingos (one is camera-shy) has, for the last two weeks, been coming every few days to feed in our marsh. Last Friday there I was, eating the best oysters in the world that Tonton Dedou gathers from where they grow wild in the Salins du Midi, squeezing on them drops from the lemons freshly picked from Tante Jackie's garden, in between slurping down mollusks looking out the window to admire my occasional neighbors, thinking that life rarely gets better than this.

6 comments:

Leah said...

Flamingo sightings...wow, what a treat. I've only seen them in a zoo.

A said...

"Wow, long leggedness" was the first thought that popped into my head. Sheesh. I need a life.

Apol said...

LEAH, yeah, the Camargue (the name of the area where we live) is the only place in the country where flamingos nest.

Actually, ABI, may Melanie Marquez quality nga sila! Vading! On a side note, that woman should be given her own talk show.

Anonymous said...

Oh they're back I should bring the kids to see them ! AM sure they will love to just look at them from afar.

When I arrived in France hubby brought me to Martigues just to see this pink flamingo and it was just an amazing view...'twas my first time ! Ni sa Manila Zoo di ko to nakita...

mcsister said...

Surreal, but that's your life!

Biglang tingin, parang Gary Larson cartoon din :)

Anonymous said...

You lead a charmed life, Apol! When I first saw flamingoes in a zoo, I was so taken by them. And, like you, I also thought they had a fabulous, glamorous, bakla quality...so flamboyant and graceful! How fortunate you are to see them wild, right outside your window!